My First Monster Card! Potted Plant from the Munchkin Monster Manual

Pure hatred in a pot.
Munchkin was my old gaming group's game of choice whenever no-one could be bothered to run a proper tabletop game. (Talisman was a close second). When Steve Jackson games produced Munchkin rule-books for D&D3, I picked them up and occasionally threw in a few of the joke monsters here and there. The most memorable encounter, from the group's point-of-view was probably the Pukeachu guarding a door. After a few rounds of getting coated, they gave up and moved on.

But my favourite, and the one I used most often was the Potted Plant, or as I came to call them, Dire Ficus. No one ever caught on why their rolls sucked whenever there was a tasteful arraignment nearby. So, it made sense to carry them forward, to my new game, in a new town, with a new edition and a batch of first time players.



No comments:

Post a Comment