The Wednesday Night, Dungeonmaster Blues

"But I didn't get the email!"
The organization that hosts the game either cancelled tonight or postponed it until next week. My spam filter caught the email and I didn't find out until I walked into the store. I'm not upset, it didn't cost me anything but a little gas.

But by Crom, I hope they just postponed it because I don't have any plan for what the group will do next after they leave the current sewer/dungeon.

I've got lots of ideas and I've given the party some open ended clues for possible directions (a treasure map, a doorway that goes deeper level below the sewers, a magic key to ... something), but tonight I wanted let the group decide what they were doing next. Then I was going to plan it out over the holiday break. My basic ideas are that they continue the dungeon crawl (the doorway), or have a pirate/nautical adventure (the treasure map), or keep exploring the city above (the key), or maybe even something else that I haven't thought of (which would be awesome!).

If tonight's session was cancelled it means I won't know what they want to do until the first game of next year, and that only gives me the two weeks between the sessions to come up with next subplot/mini adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment