The Oddyssey Begins

My long journey across a game-less sea seems to be coming to an end. Many years ago I traveled halfway across the country to get married, leaving behind my old gaming group and most of my old collection (don't worry, just RIFTS stuff). Life took me a long way from those gaming-nights spent in suburban basements, dorm rooms and first apartments. It took a long time to come back, but something inside called to me, an old familiar noise in the back of my brain that sounded like the rattle of of a dice-game below decks in the mouth of a raging gale.

This blog will be mostly about my return to roleplaying, so it will keep primarily to the game and gamesystems that I'll be participating in, but I also expect that I'll be delving into my favourite niche-games like T.W.E.R.P.S., Toon!, Talislanta, Arduin, Gamebooks and more.

So far I've scouted around the web to catch up on the current state of the industry and binge-listened to more podcasts than could possibly be healthy. I also joined the local library-group. What I like about them is that they've allowed I've played some great games there that normally would never have crossed my radar like the new Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Cosmic Patrol and others. I just wish my schedule allowed me to go more often.

And the winds seem favourable, for the moment at least. I ran a WEG Ghostbusters game at a very-mini-local-con last summer, to moderate success (well, I had fun). The old gang has started talking about a monthly skype game. Next month I'm running a Labyrinth Lord version of Expedition to the Barrier Peaks and this October I've agreed to start running Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition campaign.

I have no idea how to run 5th Edition.

Let the Oddyssey begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment