The Abandoned Sanatorium

Boilers
One of the more appealing aspects of my job is the sheer size of the campus and the many types of buildings therein. There are 200 years old antiques,  absurd and leaky 70's monuments of brutalism, and more modern edifice's that are all steel and chrome without a shred of personality, warmth or charm.

An old furnace, or some other kind of machine?
It makes for some fun exploring. This afternoon I found myself in the sub-basement of one of the oldest (and most haunted) buildings on campus. Looking around at the peeling walls, naked stone and forgotten machinery, I was inspired to take some pictures as reference for my planned Mind Flayer complex: an ancient and abandoned sanatorium converted by the Illithids into an extraplanar observatory where they plan to to bring summon forth a nautiloid Dreadnaught as part their planned conquest.    

This room was quite large and empty.
You could almost hear invisible chains rattling
Stairs up to freedom,or down to greater dangers?
A dead end 
The control room 
The crawlspace
The mine door
The low door 
The prison door 
Inside a crawlspace. The skull was there when I opened
the door,I swear.
The gnome has always been here. And he has told me
such terrible, beautiful things.



No comments:

Post a Comment